Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where to install a dll file?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ket

Ket

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:37 AM

Hello... I just uninstalled K-lite codec pack in order to install the latest version. At the end of the uninstalling process, I got the following message:

Posted Image

So, I pressed yes. Now, I'd like to ask, if I want to reinstall this codec (pvmjpg30.dll) where do I do it? In another post of mine I was suggested to follow this link on how to install missing dlls. Should I install the dll at system32 or at SysWOW64 where it should have been, according to the message above?

I've also noticed that this codec exists on my computer in 3 other folders:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Pinnacle\Studio 14\Import\Programs
C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Pegasus Imaging
C:\Program Files(x86)\Pinnacle\Studio 14\Programs

Pinnacle is a movie-making Program. Can I copy pvmjpg30.dll and register it in system32 (or in SysWOW64)?

I already installed K-lite codec pack x64 v4.10
I have windows 7 ultimate x64

Any advice would be welcome.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ket

Ket
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:54 AM

Anyone?

#3 emfederin

emfederin

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:08 PM

Should I install the dll at system32 or at SysWOW64 where it should have been, according to the message above?

I've also noticed that this codec exists on my computer in 3 other folders:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Pinnacle\Studio 14\Import\Programs
C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Pegasus Imaging
C:\Program Files(x86)\Pinnacle\Studio 14\Programs

I wouldn't worry about it. Klite only removed the REGISTRY POINTER that pointed to a nonexistent file. It didn't remove any files. As you show, the file still exists as part of the pinnacle software, and I'm sure it's registered there.

#4 Ket

Ket
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:01 AM

OK. I suppose this is something that has to do with the x64 version of windows 7 I am using. The codec appears to be registered in the locations I mention. If I observe any malfunction I will come back. Thanks a lot.

#5 emfederin

emfederin

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:54 PM

If I observe any malfunction I will come back. Thanks a lot.

Yeah, klite's removing bogus pointers is a non-problem, so there's no reason to worry. Glad I was able to ease your mind! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users