Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem uninstalling program.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kelly2

kelly2

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:15 AM

When I try to uninstall a program I downloaded (Called Freecorder) I keep getting this message.

"Invalid Uninstall"
I did uninstall the program once with no problem when it wasn't working properly, the only unusual thing to occur was the uninstall linked me to thier website with multiple tech questions as to why the uninstall, this 2nd uninstall is not going so well

Thank you in advance.

Kelly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:00 PM

Try this. A lot of us use it and it works great.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:10 PM

If you do use Revo Uninstaller (which I highly recommend over Windows remove programs)

Download and install free version of Revo Uninstaller.

For best results, use Advanced. If successful, and asked for a reboot, say no.

Then click Next to begin looking for leftover items. Check only the bold entries.

To make sure you get everything, if any entries-usually the last thing listed and not in bold-have a + sign click on the + until you see more bolded items. Check those items to delete. Click next and let it find files you can safely delete.

If a reboot was required, do so after deleting files and folders.

#4 kelly2

kelly2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:20 AM

Thanks frank and Queen, I used the Revo and it worked great !

Cheers

Kelly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users