Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect Virus - Cannot Get ComboFix To Work

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 MikePaul

MikePaul

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:44 AM

I hope I am not violating the forum guidelines by posting this.
I seem to have some sort of google redirect virus. I have Eset Nod 32 antivirus software and have been working with their email help staff to fix it. They suggested I run ComboFix and they gave me the link to this site. I downloaded ComboFix and it will start up and get to the point where the programs says something like,"checking files, this may take 10 minutes or more". After about two minutes of this it puts up a message saying, "The Master Boot Record is infected, make sure all antivirus software is disabled then press OK". When I press OK it then locks up and I have to unplug the computer. I have the antivirus software disabled. I have tried running it in safe mode with the same result. What else can I try to get this to work. I appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MikePaul

MikePaul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:42 PM

Problem solved. TDSSKiller seems to have gotten rid of the virus.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:58 PM

As this issue appears to be resolved I am closing the topic. Please send me (or any other Moderator) a Personal Message (PM) if you would like the topic re-opened.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users