Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gateway Computer Freezing Off and On

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 helloyo53

helloyo53

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:42 PM

I have a weird problem going on with my laptop. Actually, it's been going on for about three months now, and I really need it fixed.

I am running Windows XP using a Gateway MX6920. For the past three months, it has been doing this thing where everything freezes for about 30 seconds, and then starts working again for about two minutes, then it freezes for another 30 seconds or so, then works again for about 2 minutes. It will repeat this process until I restart the computer. Even then, upon shutdown when restarting it, it will freeze up, so I have to hold the on/off button to sut it down manually. And sometimes restarting it once does not work.

Like I said, it has been going on for just over three months now. I have tried Disk Defragment, Disk cleanup, MBAM, System Restore, but to no avail. It gets annoying when I am doing a report or something for school, and I have to restart it because it keeps freezing.

Any ideas of what's going on? Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:13 AM

The next time this happens and you have to restart the computer boot into the BIOS and see what the temperature of the CPU is. This could be a overheating issue which can usually be solved by blowing out the computer with canned air.

Edited by dc3, 01 December 2010 - 01:13 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users