Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No IE8 History

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sakura741

sakura741

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:39 PM

Hi,

I'm using IE8 on a Windows 7 computer. However, for some reason, last week IE8 stopped saving my internet history. It shows up in the history tab only when I am in 'View by Order Visited Today', and only for that session. If I go to the drop down view and change it to the same view (so I click 'View by Order Visited Today' again), all the sites disappear. As well, none of my sites appear in any other view (View by date, site, etc.). This happens whether I'm running IE 32 bit or 64 bit, as administrator, or with no add-ons. I discovered that my history still appears in another profile. I'm not sure if it is a malware problem, but I ran 'HijackThis' and noted that some files were missing from System32 (such as lsass.exe, vds.exe, etc.). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:01 AM

Open IE8 and select 'Tools', then 'Internet Options'. See if the box to 'delete browsing history on exit' is checked.

Edited by Zuhl3156, 01 December 2010 - 12:02 AM.

#3 sakura741

sakura741
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

It's not, I've never checked it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users