Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard inputs messed up9

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dannyfc

dannyfc

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:53 PM

My keyboard has gone haywire with many of inputs not doing what theyre supposed to

-Random letters open up window prompts [r = run prompt, f = search prompt, m = minimize etc]
-Alt, shift and ctrl do nothing

I've ;looked up ease of access settings in contro;l pane;l but no fi;lter or sticky key settings are ticked

Tried pressing FN and Windows keys to no avai;l

Down;loaded a program that ;logs key inputs and found that;l

- Window key inputs 'F12 and O'

A;lso shows no key is physically 'stuck' so no idea whats wrong

Even tried disab;ling FN and Windows key using a p9rogram ca;l;led sharp9keys and it's not worked

On ASUS ;Laptop\, Windows Vista

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BeachBumLI

BeachBumLI

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:15 AM

Sounds like your windows "stickykeys" are activated. What this function does is allows you to set it so you can type by hitting one key at a time and still have the ability to use control, alt, and shift.

To bring up the stickykeys options menu, simply hit your shift key 5 times, then make sure that everything on the "keyboard" tab is UNchecked. You may also want to go to the "general" tab, and make sure the box that says "give warning message when turning this message on or off" is checked.

Please let me know if this does not solve your problem.
Dell Inspiron 1520--Intel Core 2 Duo/1.5 GHz--2 GB RAM--230 GB HD--Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family--Windows XP--Avast! AV Free--Spybot S&D--Malwarebytes--Hijackthis--Chrome (primary browser) Firefox and IE (rarely used)

#3 Erik365

Erik365

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:14 PM

that does sound like a sticky key problem but it could literally be a sticky key the alt and control could be depressed and they are not releasing. have you ever spill anything on your keyboard or eaten sticky foods over it?

#4 NuckenFutz

NuckenFutz

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:16 PM

t
hIS KIDNA sounds like what
my keyboar3d is doing all of2 my keys ar3e mixed f2or3 my keyboar3d t
=ent
er3

#5 Erik365

Erik365

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:47 PM

nuckenfutz thats nice to know but clearly there is somethings up try plugging in a keyboard and see if that helps or learn to type differently =P only kidding we'll have this fixed up before the new year

#6 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:09 PM

Has anything been spilled on this keyboard?
This question was asked before and not answered.
Its important to know the answer to that question
In the beginning there was the command line.

#7 NuckenFutz

NuckenFutz

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:04 PM

Wow what the hell? My keyboard is back to working normal..... Microsoft kinda sucks for hardware, heh.

#8 Erik365

Erik365

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

Wow what the hell? My keyboard is back to working normal..... Microsoft kinda sucks for hardware, heh.

thats nice again but how did you fix it if you didnt and it just happened what happened up to then and also dont post if its not helpful

#9 NuckenFutz

NuckenFutz

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

What happened is some magical bleep. I just woke up the next morning tried using it and it was working normal. Also is there a rule here where you can only post things if you have helpful information?........... didn't think so

EDIT: Actually can you disconnect all power to the laptop including the battery and stuff so it can cycle the power if that does not work try disconnecting the keyboard from the motherboard and letting it sit for about 15 minutes but if it is soldered to the motherboard don't touch it

Edited by NuckenFutz, 01 January 2011 - 06:57 PM.

#10 Erik365

Erik365

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:12 PM

there isnt a rule but either way its not helpful and its annoying on the other had that edit is really helpful and i didnt even think of that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users