Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Drive Not showing up.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tybudd

Tybudd

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:36 PM

Strangely, when my bios are loading up, it shows that my IDE drives, and my 2 Sata Drives are loaded up, but when I go into WINDOWS 7>Computer to look at the drives, it only shows me the drives that have OS' on them:
Local C
Local G drives.

Doesn't show at all a selection for my sata drives, why is this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:48 PM

try to rescan for disks from disk management (or whatever they call it now in win7)
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 Tybudd

Tybudd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:45 PM

try to rescan for disks from disk management (or whatever they call it now in win7)

Strange enough when I right click 1 or the C:drives, and got to properties, and then check the Hardware Tab, it list the other harddrives right there, it just not visible/clickable for me to be able to access the storage of it, or any options with it.

#4 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:43 PM

That sounds about right. You need to go to the computer management console. click on the disk management. In the menus on the top click action and rescan disks.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:51 PM

Not to be more foolish than necessary :)...but these drives are formatted? They have partitions created on them?

Louis

#6 Tybudd

Tybudd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:44 PM

Not to be more foolish than necessary :)...but these drives are formatted? They have partitions created on them?

Louis

Hey, Louis its not being foolish at all, I figured these were old drives that I had old data on, come to find out, the 1 drive actually was Unallocated so yeah they weren't, I just used the Windows OS disc to do it, if you didn't make your comment I would have just kept with the same assumption. Is it possible to do this step without a Windows Boot up disk, from the desktop?

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:20 PM

You can format any attached partition/drive (other than the system partition) from Disk Management.

Start/Run...type diskmgmt.msc and hit Enter. Right-click on partition/drive and choose your optional action.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users