Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Realtek HD Audio Manager - No sound

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lampet

lampet

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:47 PM

I have a PC with a Gigabyte G31M-ES2C motherboard running Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit with the Realtek HD Audio Codec ALC883. I normally have stereo speakers plugged into the rear (green) jack and they have been working fine up until today...

For first time today I tried to use the front audio out (green) jack (I bought a headphone/mic headset). Firstly I played a music track in WMP and swapped the speaker cable from the rear jack to the front (green) jack, but I didn't get any audio out of the front jack. I think I then returned the speaker cable back to the rear (green) jack and then discovered that I had lost the sound from the rear also. To work out what was going on I went to the Realtek HD Audio Manager in Control Panel. The driver was Ver. 6.0.1.5780.

The Realtek HD Audio Manager wasn't recognizing the headphones plugged into the front or rear (green) jacks. The only tab available in the Audio Manager was the Digital Output tab. In an initial attempt to resolve the problem I uninstalled the Realtek drives through Control Panel/Programs & Features. After rebooting and playing another track I got the speaker sound back from the rear jack but the front still didn't work.

Then I installed the latest Realtek HD Audio System Software Ver: R2.52, incorporating driver Ver. 6.0.1.6194, downloaded from Gigabyte.

After rebooting, and playing a new tune, I still had no sound from the front headphone jack. But when I plugged the speaker cable back into the rear jack I had sound. In the Realtek HD Audio Manager "Speaker's" tab I noticed that if the mouse was placed over the ANALOG "Back Panel" green jack icon (which was highlighted) it displayed a text box with "Front Speaker Out (Speakers)". Right-clicking on this "Back Panel" green jack icon allowed selection of the "Connector Retasking option. This brought up a list of options to indicate which jack the speakers were plugged into. However, it showed, incorrectly, that the speakers were plugged into the front jack.

After changing the selection to "Rear Speaker Out", and clicking OK, the sound was cut off from the rear jack to which the speakers were plugged into. Changing the selection back to "Front Speaker Out", and clicking OK, reinstated the audio from the rear jack.

Plugging the headphones into the front jack did not produce sound and did not mute the rear jack audio as it should, given the other settings.

Has anyone had a similar problem and found a solution?

Lampet

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users