Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows Me Compatibility

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dirtydog

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 30 November 2005 - 09:51 PM

I need to know if Windows ME will function properly on a computer that has a pentium 4 class
processor? Also my computer currently has XP professional on it now and I want to change
it to Windows ME would this be a big problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 30 November 2005 - 10:01 PM

:thumbsup: You are kidding right. I'm not trying to be rude, but would you mind if I asked why? And yes it should run fine. The exception that I can think about would be if you have more than 512mb of RAM. 9x*Grinler has a problem with more than 512meg of RAM.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:00 PM

Don't forget that you may have some newer hardware in your computer that is not compatible with Windows ME. You should make sure there are drivers available for all hardware in your computer. Also, make sure that all of your licensed software is compatible.

Personally, I prefer to install Windows 98SE on computers that are PIII/equivalent and below, and XP on P4/equivalent. I would never install ME on any computer. It was one of the releases that came from Microsoft that I would like to forget about...

#4 Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:19 AM

Hello dirtydog and welcome to BC.

Don't listen to these naysayers, its your computer and you can do what you want, however nonsensical. :thumbsup: ME will work fine on your computer as all MS programs are backwards compatible. As JC says, just get your drivers first or look at the ME Hardware Compatibility List (HCL).

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users