Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Serious Issue with XP Pro Business Computer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Starnova

Starnova

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:10 PM

For days I have been chasing some sort of a problem. I followed the guide for the Think Point issue and the software was fine. Now several days later the computer started to freeze when more than one application is running and my husband says that there is a virtual memory problem. " you do not have enough virtual memory to execute this program" Malware bytes does not find anything and neither does the anti-virus program. We lost ai files that will not open but the newly created ones will.
We are in the sign business.. Please advise. Thank you... :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:11 PM

Several things can do this, it helps if you post system specs.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Starnova

Starnova
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:12 PM

Oh I suppose that would help sorry... XP Professional build 2002 with SP3 Processor: Pentium 4 280gh ram:512

This is odd and I hope we can fix it. At times it takes 1/2 hour to just shut down.

Thank you :wacko:

#4 bck9900

bck9900

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:42 AM

Are you trying to run Photoshop or Premiere on there? I noticed you said that you were a sign shop. If you try and do any serious photo editing those specs can't handle the programs. Atleast not well.

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:08 AM

More info needed give us you mother board make and model, you simply do not have the resources to do anything above the basics. It may be as simple as adding ram maybe not.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,277 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:53 AM

As stated...appears to be insufficient RAM installed.

Louis

#7 Starnova

Starnova
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:34 PM

The funny thing about this is that this business has been operating with the same computer and software and ram since 2004. This computer is strictly for business and does not have any "playware " on it LOL. :crazy:
This problem has appeared 2 weeks ago and is preventing installation of any software such as driver updates for the HP printer.
Here are the further specs to help I hope.

The motherboard is a Phoenix 1.10 A10 on a Dell Dimension 4600.

He does not use Photoshop but uses LXI Signmaking software Vinyl express v 6.6v1 from Grayson Business Computers.

Edited by Starnova, 01 December 2010 - 12:35 PM.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,277 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:30 PM

What are the suggested system requirements...for this software used?

Systems with 512MB of RAM can do mundane things well enough...running any program with RAM requirements above normal...just leads to unnecessary frustration.

If the system functioned well before the malware...maybe the system is still infected and you need to consider a new post in the Am I Infected forum.

Louis

#9 Starnova

Starnova
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:14 PM

Hi Luis
That was my next stop since I am at a stupor. It fits the requirements , the software does. We are boosting up the ram updating drivers and trying to find the error. The software and computer came as a package and my confusion is from the fact that it worked since 2004 without a glitch.
We have run Malwarebytes... AVG ( which is being uninstalled ASAP! ) and neither one of them has found anything amiss. I will post the error in Am I infected in just a bit. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users