Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown Rootkit

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nathaniyelu

Nathaniyelu

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:41 AM

Hi this is Nathaniel from INDIA.
My computer infected with unknown rootkit combofix has found this..iam sorry to say this ran combofix by myself. while running combofix i had followed ur instructions.second one is already my computer infected with Win32/Vitro.May be due to this combofix didnt generate complete log..iam sending that log file plz help me..this rootkit infected through Win XP bootable CD..now my computer booting very slowly..and also after this installation i didnt notice Winxp in Control Panel's ADD/REMOVE programmes..!!later i got a good Win XP cd with this also same problem..while installing windows..at the time of registering components A BLACK COMMAND PROMPT like blinking!!third one is while installing any programme..temp folder{Where setup file will be saved temporarily}..Appearing DOCUME~1 folder insteed of Documents and Settings..I have been using AVAST 5 free AV,asquared free4.5.0027,IObit security,Agitum firewall..Plz help me..Thanks in advance..

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

As this is a copy of http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic364022.html and the rule is one problem, one thread, i've locked this one.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users