Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extremely slow internet, unknown cause

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 niwa

niwa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:29 AM

OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64
My router config shows the usual 4477kbps downstream, but pretty much every site loads extremely slowly. I tried downloading some stuff and the speed was ridiculous, say 800 Bytes/s to 3-4kB/s.

I've run full scans with Avast and Ad-Aware, which are my default antivirus/spyware apps. After they showed nothing I got Malwarebytes, which gave me 4 false positives (I already knew they were but even verified this online). HJT doesn't show anything suspicious. I scanned again in Safe Mode, again, nothing. No suspicious processes either.

I'm posting this from my MacBook, which is on the same connection, and the speed is normal. My deskop PC is connected via LAN cable, the Mac via WLAN. The cable is pretty new and there has never been a problem with it. I've even checked the router protocols for odd incoming and outgoing connections (TCP/UDP) but there wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Lots of port 53 going to/from my ISP plus whatever websites I had just visited.

I don't know what to do anymore. :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 King1987

King1987

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:08 PM

Have you checked your firewall? What's the signal strength like?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users