Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Services tab of MSCONFIG

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mistercrowley

mistercrowley

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:11 AM

Hey guys... I have an issue. It is not like an EEEK moment or anything.

I have an entry in the Services tab of MSCONFIG. It is simply labled "D".

I have gone in to the Services snap-in and disabled it, after looking to see what was dependant on it.

I do not know where this came from and I search with updated AV and MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.

A little hard to search the registry and the internet for this entry. Any one have any ideas?

Mod EDIT: I am moving this to the XP forum for now (unless you correct me)
I feel you will be better served there.

I do not recommened using msconfig to disable services. Instead I recommened going into services.msc and disabling the services you don't need that way. How to access services.msc ==> Start ==> Run ==> type: services.msc ==> Click 'OK' or hit Enter

Note: Disable services at your own risk.

Edited by boopme, 30 November 2010 - 10:37 AM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,231 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:39 AM

I moved you here
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:54 AM

Type services.msc and hit Enter.

Is this service listed there?

Go to msconfig...please write down all information reflected there for this service you mention disabling.

Louis

#4 mistercrowley

mistercrowley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:33 AM

Type services.msc and hit Enter.

Is this service listed there?

Go to msconfig...please write down all information reflected there for this service you mention disabling.

Louis

Been there done that.. I just want to know what it is... You can't search teh registry for one letter... I just does not work...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users