Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrade to 7 Pro

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:11 AM

Morning: I am to upgrade a windows 7 pc to Pro, I'm not real familiar with this 7 yet. How will I see the old files after the Upgrade??
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:30 AM

If you do an in place upgrade your files won't change at all the only change will be the features that you couldn't use in home are available in pro. Eg: Run many Windows XP business programs in Windows XP Mode, Encrypting File System Offline Folders. Connect to company networks easily and more securely with Domain Join. In addition to full-system Backup and Restore found in all editions you can back up to a home or business network, Location Aware Printing and remote desktop connection and if your using 64bit you can use more ram than home.

#3 audioAl

audioAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:41 AM

Thanks Sleepwalker, it's well worth the upgrade for my client.
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users