Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

N-Program Message and DDE Server Window Messages During Shutdown, Google Redirect...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 greenisorabracadabra

greenisorabracadabra

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:21 PM

Hello,

My computer has recently been acting very strange, and I'm almost certain that it has a virus. My subscription to Mcafee recently expired, and I went a few months using only Avast! antivirus. During that time, messages started popping up when I tried to shut my computer down. In particular, the messages said that "n-program" was running and needed to be manually ended. I also received messages that said "DDE Server Windown" needed to be ended.

Furthermore, while using the internet I've had strange Mozilla tabs and browsing windows open. The go to some site called google analytics and then redirect to other sites.

I tried running malware removal (I changed the program name and everything) and found some files to delete with malware, but the problems haven't gone away. I don't know what to do! I just ran sophos anti-rootkit, and that found a lot of suspicious stuff on my computer, but it said some of the corrupt files it found were "not recommended for cleanup."

Please help!

Doug

Edited by hamluis, 30 November 2010 - 06:56 AM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 greenisorabracadabra

greenisorabracadabra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:34 PM

Hello Good People of Am I Infected,

Is there anything I can do to make it easier for someone to help me? Are there any scans that I could complete that would help another person help me? I would truly appreciate any help anyone can lend.

Thank you again,
Doug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users