Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Someone has been on my Final Fantasy XIV (MMORPG) Account.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phaen

Phaen

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:39 PM

When I logged into Final Fantasy XIV on Nov 28 I noticed three things:
1. My character was not in the same city I had logged out in.
2. I was missing over 90% of my shards from my inventory.
3. All my gil (money) was gone except for a tiny amount.

I want to make sure this (and worse) doesn't happen again. I'm gonna order an authenticator and file a report with the FFXIV support people. If I was phished then I suppose the authenticator will solve my problem. I've already changed my passwords for FFXIV, email, and everything else using the Onscreen Keyboard just in case I have a keylogger. If I indeed have a keylogger or other malware I need to figure out how to get it removed! My AntiVirus scan with AVG (free) came up with nothing.

How do I discover whether I've got a keylogger or not?

Edit: I forgot to mention - I've never (knowingly) shared my FFXIV password with anyone (online of offline).

Edited by Phaen, 29 November 2010 - 08:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:41 AM

Sure does sound suspicious. Have you scanned your computer with any anti-malware programs or anti-virus programs?

#3 Phaen

Phaen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:44 AM

I did a scan with Spybot - Search & Destroy and came up with nothing. I scanned with AVG (free version) too, but all I got was a dozen or so broken digital signatures. I'm not sure if these are important, but a quick google search seemed to indicate they weren't. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Just to be safe, I've changed the passwords to all my important sites using a secure password generator. I've begun using the On-Screen Keyboard whenever typing a password. Hopefully I'm correct in thinking modern keyloggers don't pick up mouse clicks?

Edited by Phaen, 01 December 2010 - 06:45 AM.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:31 PM

Try this program:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/how-to-use-malwarebytes-anti-malware-tutorial

Also post a tcpview report to be safe:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic337801.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users