Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Solving Boot Conflict

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Prayer

Prayer

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:18 PM

I found I have taskswitch.exe running when I installed Enuff.exe program for time control for children in families. What problem I am encountering is the two are duking it out over the Alt-Tab usage. Enuff ties up all the navigation mouse and keystrokes until the user logs into the time to start the clock and control software. Then all are restored to previous settings. UNfortunately the PowerToy taskswitch.exe wants to reprogram the Alt-Tab key for its use and Enuff has it in its possession so it fails.

Is there a way to have taskswitch.exe run AFTER a program has passed on from a user input (or completed a phase). I searched here and found only three topics with taskswitch.exe in them and all were text outputs from someone's paste in from HijackThis!. So I found NO discussion on that process other than what I found that told me it was part of PowerToys. I looked into power toys to see if I could selectively turn off the taskswitch.exe but I was not able to find anything useful. One way or other I would like to eliminate the error.

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users