Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Specific websites timing out

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tazical

tazical

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:55 PM

Hi, over the last two weeks or so I'm having occasional problems connecting to certain websites. The websites just time out after a minute or so and this lasts anywhere between 30 mins- 5 hours, then they'll work fine again. I can access the websites fine at work and other people can access them at the same time I'm having problems, so I'm fairly sure that the problem is my end, not the websites'. The websites concerned are mainly social networking sites like livejournal, but sometimes sites like photobucket and thetrainline.

I have a laptop and a PC at home and both are having trouble connecting to websites when this error occurs. The laptop is running XP Pro and the PC is running XP Home. The laptop is on a wireless connection and the PC is wired. Some people suggested that the problem could be due to my antiviruses, however the laptop runs Avast and the PC is running AVG. I have switched off both of those plus the firewalls and the error still occurs. The error also occurs whether I use Firefox, IE or Chrome, so all the above seems to elimiate any issues with my computers which may be causing it.

My wireless router is a Siemens Gigaset SE587. I've reset the router with no luck. At this point I'm out of ideas, can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:22 PM

Connect one of the computers straight to the modem and see, if same issue happens.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 tazical

tazical
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:50 PM

Hi, my PC is wired straight into the modem router and yes, the same thing is still happening.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:04 PM

I suggest, you start new topic in "Am I Infected?" forum.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users