Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple virus issues


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Coalbunny

Coalbunny

  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:39 PM

I have been having multiple virus issues and I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall.
I have been reliant on Symantic Anti-virus & firewall, Corporate version, but now it seems Symantic has not been catching them all.

I have found that when typing in MS Word letters or numbers will just "appear". I delete those figuring that it's just a glitch (having dealt with older systems most of my life I'm used to software/programs having similar glitches).

Well, over the past couple months I have been running AV several times a day. I now use (along with the Symantic) RKill (which now AdAware won't allow to run and IDs it as a virus), MalwareByte Anti-Malware, and AdAware.


I usually deleted everything in quarentine, but what I have record of so far is malware.trace, Trajan.FakeAlert(fs) (I think this is the AdAware trying to get rid of RKill), Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT, Win32.TrojanPWS.LdPinch, Fraud.Sysguard, and Virtumonde.dll.


I have been browsing through this site and downloaded a number of other AV programs, but havn't used them yet.

And just a second ago MalwareBytes incepted and prevented contact from my computer to a malicious website at 222.76.216.170.

I think I'm gonna have to step back and ask for help. This stuff is over my head.

ETA: Sorry about not enough info. Operating system is Windows XP, SP3.
I do not have screen shots of behavior. And now J drive is inoperable.

Edited by Coalbunny, 30 November 2010 - 10:26 AM.


BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users