Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rootkit.TDSS

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 uByte

uByte

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:25 PM

I was wondering if anyone else that fixes computers for a living is haveing the same Rootkit.TDSS symptoms as I am. It seems that I keep getting computers in the shop with this blinking cursor on boot. Every time it ends up being this rootkit.tdss. I have been reinstalling the OS 99% of the time. Sometimes running a repair sometimes does it. I have tried everything from Dr. Web Cureit but everytime I end up reformatting and reinstalling.

My questions are has anyone else been riddled with this rootkit or is it just me? Also what are you doing to fix it?

uByte

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum, since no logs included and a general malware tool question. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users