Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Media Player 11 annoyance

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 straightupwv

straightupwv

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:55 AM

I have an older Dell GX270 with an 80 gig HDD, 1/2 gig of RAM and a 3 gig P4 running Windows XP SP3. My problem may seem trivial but it's driving me nuts. I recently upgraded to Media Player 11. Here is the annoying part; An advertisement for Rock Band sometimes appears in the upper right hand corner above the playlist and in the lower left hand corner next to the Artist/Title when playing MP3's or WAV's from my main music folder. If I play songs from other folders, I get the "eighth notes" icon instead. These "other" folders are subfolders within the main music folder, (whole albums, specific artists, etc.). I've gone to great lengths to keep and remove adware from my computer and now it seems I'm getting it courtesy of Microsoft. Or, possibly something has crept into my main music folder that has caused this behavior. Either way, I have found no settings that address this in Options. Does anyone know of a registry setting or something else that can be changed to permanently get rid of the ad? Then there's the question that always has a "yes" answer as a possibility: have I done something wrong?

Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users