Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

error message

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ptts17

ptts17

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:11 AM

hi I am having a problem getting rid of avg 2011 trial programe it tells me it is uninstalled
but the icon is still in my control panel when I click to remove I get the following!Set up error.error code 0xE001D02b.
error message avg product not installed uninstallation request ignored.
additional message;avg installer_product not installed,uninstallation request ignored.
context;initialization
this all stemed from not filling in the why are you leaving form!
I thaught I just go ahead and uninstall that was a no no! when I go into search results all the files are still there!How do I get rid of this unwanted programe???????

advice- Much Appreciated :thumbup2:

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal
J.F.PITTS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:52 AM

Most anti virus products have specialized removal tools and AVG is no different. Check out this link.

http://www.avg.com/us-en/download-tools

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,605 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:29 PM

The correct way to remove AVG 2011 is through its program folder via Start > All Programs or by using Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features in Vista/Windows 7.

If that does not work, you can download and use AVG's uninstall/cleanup utility provided in the AVG 2011+9.0+8.x Uninstall/Re-Install Instructions which includes the same removal tool frankp316 directed you to use. After restarting and removing the folders, stop where instructed to Stop here if not re-installing.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Before removing your existing anti-virus, you should download and save the setup file for the anti-virus you are going to replace it with. After doing that, disconnect from the Internet, uninstall your current anti-virus, reboot and then install the replacement. Reboot again to ensure it is working properly before reconnecting to the Internet.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users