Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Connecting to Database - Dreamweaver CS5

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CrimsonSpider

CrimsonSpider

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:27 AM

Hey guys,

Been having trouble trying to commect to a database recently.

I've created a database using Microsoft Access and want to insert it into my Dynamic Website, (using Dreamweaver).

My page is created in .aspx (VB),

And i've connected to a server provided by my University.

But i have no authority to change the settings in Control Panel, so perhaps it's because i can't check or modify the status of ODBC.

So i open the Database Panel, and the plus is greyed out so i can't click on it.

Any Help?

Crimson Spider
"Don’t worry if it doesn’t work right. If everything did, you’d be out of a job."
(Mosher’s Law of Software Engineering)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:00 AM

Contact the help desk of your university. We have no way of knowing what sort of setup they have. We can't see your computer, so would have no idea what "i have no authority to change the settings in Control Panel" or "so I open the database panel" refers to. :)

#3 CrimsonSpider

CrimsonSpider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:58 AM

Thank you, Groovicus! Hehe :blush:
I was just really confused this morning!
I'll be sure to do that though :)

CrimsonSpider
"Don’t worry if it doesn’t work right. If everything did, you’d be out of a job."
(Mosher’s Law of Software Engineering)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users