Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual monitor help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 killercripple

killercripple

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:29 AM

So about a week ago I decided I wanted Dual monitors. So I ordered A new monitor and wall bracket. I got them Friday and went to hook up my 2nd monitor and the screen just stays black.

I'm 95% sure I can run dual monitors. My Video Card is a ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro. It has both plug ins ( vga & dvi ). Now what one is what i don't know.

I did the display properties, Then checked " Extend My Windows Desktop onto This Monitor " didn't work.
Tried turning my computer off then turning it back on, still nothing.

I'm totally computer illiterate, So any help would be greatly appreciated

P.S If there is any other info about my couter that might help, Please ask. I'll be happy to let anyone know.

Edited by killercripple, 29 November 2010 - 07:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killercripple

killercripple
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:30 PM

OK, So i tried hooking up my second monitor again. I followed step by step instructions, still didnt work.

So from the little I know about computers. I tried restarting my computer.
When I did this came up on my 2nd monitor (one im trying to add)

" This computer has an add-in graphics card, But the monitor cable is plugged into the integrated video connector. To attach the monitor cable to the add-in graphics card:

1. shut down the computer

2. Plug the monitor cable into the add-in graphics card connector. This requires a video adapter or video adapter cable.

3. Turn on the computer. "

This comes up on my old dell (19") monitor. It's the one im trying to make my 2nd monitor.

My main monitor Acer g235h (23") just stays off/stand by.

Once I turn off my computer all the way by hitting the power button. I just unplug the dell monitor and turn my computer back on and it's like nothing even happened.

So i don't know what im doing wrong. only thing I can think to do know is post my system info and see if I'm wrong in think I can run dual monitors

Hopefully this info will help anyone looking at this thread, Because I'd really like dual monitors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users