Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

1440x900 to 2048x1536?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pivotraze

pivotraze

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:56 AM

I want a short answer to this question:

Can I get my laptop screen to get from 1440x900 to 2048x1536?

I have the Intel GMA 950 graphics card, and they claim it can display resolutions "Up to 2048x1536 for both analog and digital displays." If that is true, why is my laptop only in 1440x900? I would LOVE to have 2048x1536! Is there a way to do this without buying a whole new monitor?

Thanks very much,

Cody

References:
http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/gma950/index.htm
Proud user of Windows 7 Ultimate

Developer of: Seafire Suite
Developer of: Pivot: Revolution

System Specs: 4GB Ram, Intel i3-2350M,

MaxxAudio® LE

, 1600x900 17.3" HD+ TruBrite LED Screen , and Intel HD 3000 Graphics.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:57 AM

If the LCD display in the laptop screen is 1440x900 resolution, then that's the maximum it can display - there is only that many pixels on the screen. The video chipset can send out a higher resolution but the internal screen can't display it, an external monitor of a higher resolution can.
Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users