Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32/Cycbot.B and reformat procedure question

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jezeiger

jezeiger

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:23 PM

So MSE found Backdoor:Win32/Cycbot.B on my system. I've read about how dangerous this backdoor trojan is, and I've seen in this forum the steps to remove it without doing a reformat of my hard drive. However, I think I will go with a reformat and clean OS install. But I had a question about this.

I have two internal hard drives in my computer. One is basically blank but for a few songs and word documents, the other has a partition for my Win 7 OS, basically a System Reserved and a C: partition. So, I want to know if I transfer my important documents to my second blank hard drive and reformat the hard drive with Windows on it, will that remove this trojan, or will it be on both hard drives, requiring both to be wiped? Any suggestions or things I should know? Thanks so much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users