Hello, first run an online scan to check if you have malware as when either Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe fails you have no malware protection.
The STOP 0xC000021A error occurs when either Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe fails. When the Windows NT kernel detects that either of these processes has stopped, it stops the system and raises the STOP 0xC000021A error. This error may have several causes. Among them are the following:
Mismatched system files have been installed.
A Service Pack installation has failed.
A backup program that is used to restore a hard disk did not correctly restore files that may have been in use.
An incompatible third-party program has been installed.
More info and troubleshoting... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156669
Please perform a scan with Eset Online Antiivirus Scanner
.This scan requires Internet Explorer to work. Vista/Windows 7 users need to run Internet Explorer as Administrator.
To do this, right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run As Administrator from the context menu.
- Click the green button.
- Read the End User License Agreement and check the box:
- Check .
- Click the button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Check Remove found threats and Scan potentially unwanted applications. (If given the option, choose "Quarantine" instead of delete.)
- Click the Start button.
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.
- If offered the option to get information or buy software at any point, just close the window.
- The scan will take a while so be patient and do NOT use the computer while the scan is running. Keep all other programs and windows closed.
- When the scan completes, push
- Push , and save the file to your desktop as ESETScan.txt.
- Push the button, then Finish.
- Copy and paste the contents of ESETScan.txt in your next reply.
Note: A log.txt
file will also be created and automatically saved in the C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\ folder.
If you did not save the ESETScan log, click
, then type or copy and paste everything in the code box below into the Open dialogue box:
-- Some online scanners will detect existing anti-virus software and refuse to cooperate. You may have to disable the real-time protection components of your existing anti-virus and try running the scan again. If you do this, remember to turn them back on after you are finished.NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.
- Click Ok and the scan results will open in Notepad.
- Copy and paste the contents of log.txt in your next reply.