Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Self Introduction

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mrc109

mrc109

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:15 PM

Introduction huh? What can I possibly say that you have not all heard before ad-nauseium? I'm 53, male, balding, slighty overweight, married, with two children under the age of 13. I have a three legged cat named Prince, I am a scientist and inventor with two United States Patents (Utility) both of which I do not own the rights to.

At times I can be the most thick headed individual that you have ever come across, while others, it is as if I were somehow clarivoinant.

For me, the internet online searching capability (Google, U-Tube, Google Images, and Google Scholar)is like giving free heroin to a junkie. I wish I were "Max-Headroom" and could simply move around inside one database to another. The Geutenberg project has opened my vistas to a completely new horizon of historical intellectual delights.

So, lets face it, I am a nerd to the n'th degree. However, that said, I am unfortunately not like Mr. Data. I cannot perform two hunderd sonatas in my mind simultaneously, nor can I speak over 6,000 different dialects and languages (I can barely speak english correctly). I am terrible at computers, my skill level at reoubleshooting problems is totally inadequate to allow me to survive for very long cruzing the waves of the internet without catching some nasty virus or a trojan horse or two.

Were it not for my free version of AVG, I would not be here, still able to write this pap today. With that said, I have recently become aware of a corrupted executable file in my c drive, WINDOWS\ System 32 \drivers\ imapi.sys. This issue has me concerned and all the Kings horses and all the Kings men at AVG and Windows Live One Care Safety Scanner systems cannot seem to tell me what the devil to do about it.

So, I have come in search of the "Great Kahuna", "Lovelace", or whomever else you can reccomend, who can shed some light on this situation for me. I shall attempt to find a suitable forum topic area to post this inquiry.

I want to say thank you to all of the one person who reads this.

mrc109

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users