Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compare these please

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rolltide101

rolltide101

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:26 PM

compare these to please and tell me exactly how much difference there is in the specs. They are both tablet pc's

1.2 GHz Intel Atom Z510
1 GB DDR2 SDRAM
Hard Drive 60 GB
10.07 inches, 5.27 inches, 0.62 inches
1.76 pounds
Intel GMA 500
9" 1024 X 600

Intel Atom 1.3GHz (Z520)
16 GB SSD
DDR2 1.0GB
8.2 x 4.6 x 0.8 inches
1.45 Pounds
Intel GMA 500
7" 1024 x 600

There isnt going to be much of a difference is it? I prefer the bottom one because its 7 inches but it cost 200$ more. Is a SSD better for tablets then a HDD?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:42 PM

Is a SSD better for tablets then a HDD?

In my opinion for a tablet that you will be carrying around an SSD is better because if you drop it you have a lesser chance that it will crash, also it will be less pron to damage by movement.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#3 rolltide101

rolltide101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:57 PM

Is the differences worth 200$ difference in your opinion? Im probably gonna buy it and I was gonna get a 32 GB SD card for it as well

What is the difference in a SSD and a HDD? Just curious

Edited by rolltide101, 28 November 2010 - 08:00 PM.

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:12 PM

An SSD is a drive that has no moving parts and it stores information in dense memory cells. A hard drive is a drive that has a plaster that spins and an arm that moves to read and write data to the plater.

See here:

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_disk_drive

2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid_state_drive

Keep in mind that the $200 isnt just for the SSD but it is also for the faster processor and the better ram as well as the larger screen.

Edited by computerxpds, 28 November 2010 - 08:13 PM.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users