Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Assistance

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 doddles

doddles

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

Hi I had a virus and i downloaded Rkill and it worked then i did malware and it found 34 viruses and i got rid of them but now i can't get onto the internet also tried safe mode my computer is xp the message i got was an internal error occured :the request is not supported please contact microsoft product support service for further help unable to query host name please help thanks

Edited by hamluis, 28 November 2010 - 06:06 PM.
Split from different topic ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:25 PM

Please try this:

Log on to your account (with the internet access problem).

Open Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN settings

.... and under "Proxy Server", remove the checkmark from the box beside "Use a proxy server ... " (if it is checked).

Click "OK" > "OK".

Does that fix the issue with your internet connection?

--------------------

Please post the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware logs:
The MBAM log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM. Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

Please post the logs and let us know how the system is running now.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

#3 doddles

doddles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:39 AM

Hi Iam sorry i did not answer you sooner but i had a family emergancy and i just got back last night.I tried it this morning and it did not work but i thank you for helping me

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:10 AM

Try this--
Go to Start ... Run and type in cmd
A dos Window will appear.
Type in the dos window: netsh winsock reset
Click on the enter key.

Reboot your system to complete the process.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 doddles

doddles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:49 PM

I went to windows task manager and clicked networking and it says local area con not operational and it said the same thing for wireless i evn went to put my network key but it whould search and then come back to the screen to connect and it will ask me for the key again it looks as if the old one is there and i backspace it out and put in this one and it works on my laptop but not on the computer that was infected.But my computer is still not working properly after i did Rkill and it worked and then i did malware and it found 34 viruses but i cant get on the internet to update malware as this malware is older so maybe it didnt catch all of the viruses

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:37 PM

Manually Downloading Updates:
Manually download them from HERE and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine..

Note: Mbam-rules.exe is not updated daily. Another way to get the most current database definitions if you're having problems updating through the program's interface or have already manually downloaded the latest definitions (mbam-rules.exe) shown on this page, is to do the following: Install MBAM on a clean computer, launch the program and update through MBAM's interface. Copy the definitions (rules.ref) to a USB stick or CD and transfer that file to the infected machine. Copy rules.ref to the location indicated for your operating system. If you cannot see the folder, then you may have to Reconfigure Windows to show it.
  • XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Vista: C:\Documents and Settings\Users\All Users\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 doddles

doddles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:17 PM

I tried that and the DOS window just flashes for a second you can't even have enough time to read it thats how fast it is and nothing

#8 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:59 AM

At this stage, you could probably give one of the Security distros a try. Top on the list is BackTrack.

Some easy steps:

1. Get to a computer which has a CD Writer.
2. Download the BackTrack ISO file from the website.
3. Burn(write) the ISO image onto a blank disc.
4. As soon as you start up your infected computer, hit the corresponding key to enter the BIOS setup.
5. Look for the device boot order and make your CD/DVD drive first on the list.
6. Insert the BackTrack disc and save the BIOS settings.
7. Upon restart, the infected computer should start reading from the disc and load up BackTrack.

If you are able to use the available tools (within BackTrack) to eliminate the threats, well and good. If not, access your hard drive and backup all that you need.

The next step would obviously be a fresh installation of Windows, on a formatted drive. It's the best way out.

This time round, make sure you have some effective Anti-virus and Anti-spyware programs installed.

Always do a bit of research on the programs you are looking to consider.

Good luck!
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#9 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:27 AM

Is there by any chance that you can get the log files and post them here so we can see what we are dealing with?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users