Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Started with ThinkPoint - Now am I infected?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Nicholas334

Nicholas334

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:06 PM

My son allowed ThinkPoint to install and infect my computer. After using RKill and running MBAM, I thought I had gotten rid of it all. But now, I get pop-ups on Firefox, my computer runs very slowly, and if it sits unused for awhile, all processes are locked and nothing will work, including shutdown and Task Manager.

Here is what I get when I run RKill
Processes terminated by Rkill or while it was running:

C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\Identity Protection\Agent\Bin\AVGIDSAgent.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Edward Pena\My Documents\Downloads\iExplore.exe

I ran MBAM and it said that there were no infections. I also ran AVG2011 (Free Edition) and it said no infections. Looking forward to working with you guys and gals to see if I do have an issue (with my computer, that is).

I run Windows XP Pro, Svc Pack 3, AMD Athlon 64 Processor, 3500+

Edited by Nicholas334, 28 November 2010 - 05:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users