Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

generic host process for win32 issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Booties

Booties

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:08 PM

Hello I am running Windows XP SP3 and have recently been receiving a "generic host process for win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close" error. When it occurs it turns off my "Sounds and Audio Device Properties" and I am no longer able to select anything due to it all being grayed out. I have attempted to run a simple system restore but after my PC restarts it says "System Restore can not be completed." I have run Malwarebytes, CCleaner, and an AVG virus scan and nothing has come up. It also changes the explorer shell from the XP graphics to the, what looks like, classic Windows shell. When I restart my computer it fixes the problem, only temporarily(It always occurs but it happens randomly). If more information is needed let me know please, and next time I see the error I will get a screen shot of both the error and what my settings are doing.

Thanks in advance.

PS - i just got this issue again so here are a couple screen shots of what I was talking about.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Booties, 28 November 2010 - 02:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users