Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frozen Desktop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pnkflyd1fn

pnkflyd1fn

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:58 AM

Last night I was on my computer and everything was working fine except for the internet but I payed no attention to it seeing that its wireless and it gives me trouble now and again. Anyways, I was editing some files when a pop up appeared from the lower right corner in the shape of a shield saying something like your in danger of something firewall. I don't really remember so I submitted a hijack this log here and tried to shut down the computer. All the programs shut off, the toolbar, my documents , everything except it wouldn't shut down you could still see the wallpaper, it's done this before so I waited a while and still no response so I just unplugged the cord, I know your not supposed to do that but I did. Later I went back on the computer and everything started normally except when I tried to open anything on the desktop it wouldn't, everything was frozen, EVERYTHING, the mouse worked fine but EVERYTHING IS FROZEN. HELP I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FIX THIS :thumbsup: PLEASE, THIS COMPUTER IS MY BABY

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:38 PM

I feel your pain! :thumbsup:

You said that you submitted a HiJackThis log - it's located here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...topic=36343&hl=

Please keep this to one topic at a time. The HiJackThis log is infected - and repairing your system with that tool is the most important thing right now. Once D-Trojanator is finished with your log, then he'll refer you over here to have any other issues fixed. Please be patient (that's what it's gonna take to get your baby back in one piece!).

If your computer won't do anything, try booting it into Safe Mode (by pressing F8 as the same time as when Windows starts to load).

Once in Safe Mode, you probably won't have internet access - so download the programs that D-Trojanator recommended and put them on a floppy or a CD from another computer. Then copy them over to your system and run them as D-Trojanator has described.

Since your system is still booting to the Desktop, that's a very good sign that everything will be returned to normal shortly.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users