Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown infection (Possibly Trojan)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 wombats

wombats

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:28 PM

EDIT: I just realized i posted this in the wrong section and I'm currently trying to figure out how to address this.. Sorry about that.
Hi,

I'd like to think that I'm good with computers. I've taken many steps in an attempt to remove whatever is haunting my PC, but I've been largely unsuccessful, so I figured it was time to get some help.
I scanned my computer with avast, and it found a few things and promptly moved them to the quarantine. Then I scanned with MBAM and found nothing, and figured I was good for a while. Then something weird started happening--my browser(which happens to be chrome, but it does this on firefox too)randomly decided that it was going to use a proxy, and that the proxy it used would be 127.0.0.1, essentially looping back to my computer. So I thought to myself, "That's strange," and then I disabled the proxy and went back to browsing the internet. And then it happened again. And again. And again. Every 5 minutes or so the proxy would be enabled again. I scanned again and neither MBAM nor Avast found anything. So I downloaded superantispyware and ran a scan and low and behold, viruses. Viruses everywhere. There were like 14 infected files not counting tracking cookies. The categories(?) were Malware.Trace, Trojan.Agent/Gen-DWM[Fake], Trojan.Agent/Gen-Fake[Shell], Trojan.Agent/Gen-Fuffan, and Trojan.Downloader-SVCHost/Fake. I moved them to the quarantine and my browser has since stopped with the proxy thing, but I know there's something weird going on still.
Also, I attempted to run combofix just to see if anything would come up and it didn't seem to work for me. I realize you guys don't want the logs or anything, I just thought it might be pertinent that it didn't seem to work at all. I got to
Posted Image
but then it just froze there and nothing happened. So here I am now.

I'm running windows XP SP 2

Any help is much appreciated.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 1:11:11 PM, on 11/28/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.17055)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\OPHALDCS.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Cloud Antivirus\PSANHost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\QPService.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe
C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast5\avastUI.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Unlocker\UnlockerAssistant.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\hpq\Shared\HPQTOA~1.EXE
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\KHAL\KHALMNPR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqimzone.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Jennifer Reedie\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Jennifer Reedie\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jucheck.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.davidbowie.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Panda Security Toolbar - {B821BF60-5C2D-41EB-92DC-3E4CCD3A22E4} - C:\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Security Toolbar\PandaSecurityDx.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Panda Security Toolbar - {B821BF60-5C2D-41EB-92DC-3E4CCD3A22E4} - C:\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Security Toolbar\PandaSecurityDx.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QPService] "C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\QPService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eabconfg.cpl] "C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe" /Start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cpqset] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Default Settings\cpqset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RecGuard] "C:\Windows\SMINST\RecGuard.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpWirelessAssistant] C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast5] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast5\avastUI.exe /nogui
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PSUNMain] "C:\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Cloud Antivirus\PSUNMain.exe" /Traybar
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UnlockerAssistant] "C:\Program Files\Unlocker\UnlockerAssistant.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [uTorrent] "C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Photosmart Premier Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Google Sidewiki... - res://C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\GoogleToolbarDynamic_mui_en_950DF09FAB501E03.dll/cmsidewiki.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q106&bd=presario&pf=laptop
O16 - DPF: {140E4DF8-9E14-4A34-9577-C77561ED7883} (SysInfo Class) - http://content.systemrequirementslab.com.s3.amazonaws.com/global/bin/srldetect_cyri_4.1.71.0.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.DLL
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0181441282236299) (0181441282236299mcinstcleanup) - Unknown owner - C:\DOCUME~1\JENNIF~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\018144~1.EXE (file missing)
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Canon Camera Access Library 8 (CCALib8) - Canon Inc. - C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
O23 - Service: DCS Loader (DCSLoader) - Oki Data Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\OPHALDCS.EXE
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: hpqwmiex - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Security Scan Component Host Service (McComponentHostService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee Security Scan\2.0.181\McCHSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Cloud Antivirus Service (NanoServiceMain) - Panda Security, S.L. - C:\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Cloud Antivirus\PSANHost.exe
O23 - Service: PEVSystemStart - Unknown owner - C:\ComboFix\PEV.cfxxe

--
End of file - 9742 bytes

Edited by wombats, 28 November 2010 - 01:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:31 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer :welcome:

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.

Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.

If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
  • Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:

Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice

Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:

How to create a GMER log

IMPORTANT NOTE: :nono:

ComboFix should not be run without the guidance of a helper. It is a powerful tool and is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private or regular use. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

Regards,
Georgi :hello:

cXfZ4wS.png

#3 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:11 PM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic
Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users