Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor's touch-sensitive button broke, suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Foxeo

Foxeo

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:37 AM

Here's an issue for you guys. I have an Acer H233H monitor, and it has touch-sensitive "buttons" for adjusting the settings. I *hate* touch sensitive buttons, and didn't realize it had those when I bought it. It's my only 1920x1080 monitor, since my second monitor is a lower resolution. I do a lot of HD video editing and don't want to sacrifice my only full-HD capable monitor for weeks while they supposedly repair. I'm not even sure it's covered under warranty at this point.

The one broken touch area is the spot for the right arrow. Everything else works for the most part, but I can't adjust things to the right, meaning I can turn down the brightness but can't turn it back up. Any suggestions for how to fix or work around this?

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:19 PM

It depends on your monitor software, but for some of them you can adjust the monitor's properties through the software. You can access these through the Control Panel.

#3 Foxeo

Foxeo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:57 PM

It depends on your monitor software, but for some of them you can adjust the monitor's properties through the software. You can access these through the Control Panel.

Yeah, unfortunately I cannot change anything that I actually want to. Mainly, I want to be able to adjust the brightness of the monitor. No such option available... But you made me realize that I could search and see if there is a proprietary software program from Acer that will do this. I'll get back with you and let you know what I find out.

#4 Foxeo

Foxeo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:09 PM

Nothing available to do what I need it to. I might be able to fix it by taking the face plate off, but knowing my luck I'll just damage it more. I'd rather not risk it, and I suppose I'll leave well-enough alone. Sometime soon I should just get a new monitor, and then I'll have dual 1920x1080. Right now I'm running one 1920x1080 and one 1680x1050.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users