Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to "POST"!!???

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dan PM

Dan PM

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:33 AM

I'm a new user but been playing with pc's for quite a few years. I don't always have to time to go to "on line" sites like this so I don't keep up with all of the "protocals" of how they want things done. When I signed up I was advised to "Post" an introduction to proceed. For the life of me I could see nothing that said "Post Here" so I could do so. Is this how it's done? Am I at the right place now? Not every one is a pc wizard or mind reader ya know!

looking forward to utilizing this site!

Dan M.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Foxeo

Foxeo

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

Yeah you're in the right place.

"Post" is when you put a response or start a new thread or topic. The nomenclature may change, but it's all the same. "Reply" means to post a response to someone else's thread. "Start a new topic" or "Start a new thread" is when you start a brand new topic that others can post replies to.

Every forum has rules on what is and is not acceptable. It is always a good idea to read over them, since you can get yourself banned if not careful. Things that are generally frowned upon among all boards are shameless advertising of a product or website, spamming (posting the same thing in multiple spots), asking for help but then never following up with a response (even if you were helped, it's nice to hear your results rather than pure silence), and asking questions that are covered in detail in the "stickies," the saved messages at the top of each board that never go away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users