Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Network Card Communication Distances

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 panzercannon02

panzercannon02

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:32 AM

Hey Everybody, I was wondering if anyone knows if a wireless pci network card with a maximum distance of 300 Meters can communicate with a wirless router (max distance of 100 meters) 300 meters away? :thumbsup:

Edited by panzercannon02, 30 November 2005 - 11:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:22 PM

Removed!

Edited by acklan, 30 November 2005 - 03:55 PM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 panzercannon02

panzercannon02
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:41 PM

Well the truth is, I am trying to syphon high speed internet off of my neighbor without them knowing, so I can't modify their antenna, but I can modify mine.

But I know I'd be able to transmit to the router, but A.) would it be able to recieve the signal I transmit, and b.)Would I be able to recieve its signal? Basically what I want to know is, would they be able to successfully handshake at 300 Meters away?

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:54 PM

:thumbsup: You are in the wrong forum. That will not be allowed to be discussed here. That is an illegal activity that will not be tolerated. Refrain form future topics along this line. This is a WARNING!

This topic is closed
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users