Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble Opening windows and file folders

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 post_hip

post_hip

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

Heya

This starting happening about two weeks ago with no real pattern. Sometimes when I open folders their functionality is almost nonexistant. On the main toolbar, File, View, etc sometimes don't even show up. I cannot get a menu from right clicking any sub folders within the folder I have open. I cannot double click and open sub folders within said folder as well.

There is no pattern that I can find to explain this. It has happened to muliple folders. I ran hijack this and have attached the log (can be opened in Notepad).

Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:50 PM

Please...do not attach malware logs (HJT, DDS, etc.) to topics submitted here in the XP forum. Those logs are for malware issues, which are dealt with by forums other than the XP forum.

Have you run a diagnostic on your hard drive yet?

Free Hard Drive Testing Tools - Hard Drive Diagnostics - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/tp/tophddiag.htm

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users