Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovering from a major startup problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dean2d

dean2d

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:26 AM

I am trying to help a friend with his computer. The computer is a desktop Dell dimisions 2400 with windows xp pro.
If I leave out something of importance then i'm sorry in advance. I'm not really for sure what they done to cause the problem they had or might still have but when I first went to help him out, his computer would not do anything at all not even bring up windows so I tried doing a recovery a couple of times with no success so I completely reinstalled windows and the drivers, anti virus and firewall stuff and got him back going for a couple of days before returning to finish up with installing windows updates and such. Well the computer was being real slow to respond so I downloaded and run spybot search and destroy, Lavasoft Adaware, AVG pc tuneup programs and found numerous problems that I haven't really documented but found like 3 different trojans with spybot and done the fix with windows restore turned off and done some fixes withthe AVG pc tuneup and the computer seems to be doing ok but for added comfort that everthing is ok with his computer I would like to seek some help with reading the hijackthis log file or any other checks that might be suggested. I think I gave you all the info you might need but if not I appoligize and please inform me of what might be more helpful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users