Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Password

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 busygal

busygal

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:10 AM

Ok i would like to know how i can just turn my pc on with out haveing to sign in as the administrator every time ?
can i omit the sign in so if my family needs to get on my pc they can just thinking out side the box. thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mooseby

Mooseby

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:15 AM

Ok i would like to know how i can just turn my pc on with out haveing to sign in as the administrator every time ?
can i omit the sign in so if my family needs to get on my pc they can just thinking out side the box. thanks.

You can go to Control Panel>User Accounts and set up a standard user account, under the individual accounts you can make that account not password protected.

It is annoying but it is best to have a non-admin account that you use for cruising the Internet. (The theory is that any malware that gets loaded on a non-admin account has a harder time changing the registry.)

#3 busygal

busygal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:47 AM

Thank you for the info I will do that.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:38 PM

You can boot, whether Admin or not, without a password screen.

Coutesy of www.eldergeeks.com...

Bypass The Windows XP Log On ScreenTo make logon an unattended process:

Click [Start] [Run] and type control userpasswords2 Click [OK]
The [User Accounts] Property Sheet displays.
On [Users] tab, clear the [Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer] check box.
Click [Apply].
Enter a user name and password that should be used to logon automatically in the dialog box that appears.
Click [OK].
Go to [Control Panel] [User Accounts] [Change the Way Users Log On and Off].
Uncheck [Use the Welcome Screen] and [Use Fast User Switching]

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users