Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ati Radeon 9800 Xt

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SageRapy

SageRapy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 30 November 2005 - 10:44 AM

I recently purchased a Ati 9800XT through eBay for my computer. I believe that I have installed the card correctly but the computer seems rather slow now. I have 512 ram(I plan on purchasing more). The card itself is 256 and I understand that it is a pretty good card an should handle whatever I throw at it. The computer has stalled or crashed several times while playing FarCry and then I realized that I could cook an egg on the card it was soo hot. I don't like running a house fan pointed directly at the computer to keep it cool. Would a ARCTIC COOLING ATI silencer be the right cooling device? I have seen some discussions on a pro being converted to an xt and that these fans don't fit right sometimes. Obviously I'm new to computer upgrades, would appreciate any and all info regarding thand and any related topics.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users