Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My laptop can't boot up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Omspl

Omspl

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:38 AM

Dear everyone,
My lap top is not accepting the password from yesterday evening onwardsand after I tried to browse web through the paper mill net connection. the web asked for restart I gave OK, then onwards it is not accepting my bootup password.
and I am unable to start the computer after input password into my laptop. each time when i power up the computer, in the bottom : there are 4 options, OK CANCEL SHUTDOWN OPTIONS.
when I click OK, I got the below message:
"The system could not log you on. Make sure yoru user name and domain are correct,then type your password again. Letter in passwords must be typed using the correct case".
can someone please help me as i do not how much about computers. i am still using Win XP.
Thank You and I appreciate your kind helping hand.
Best Regards
Omspl

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mooseby

Mooseby

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:29 AM

Is this a personal computer, do you have a home network requirement that uses a domain? Is that something your IP provider set up?

:)

#3 Omspl

Omspl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:59 AM

Thanks for your reply Mooseby, yes its my pc, there is no home network, i had the laptop to bootup using a password.
but it seems that window is not accepting the password.

#4 Lee64

Lee64

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:43 AM

It's a simple suggestion and probably not the problem, but make sure your Caps lock is not on!

Cheers,
Lee

#5 Mooseby

Mooseby

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:16 PM

Thanks for your reply Mooseby, yes its my pc, there is no home network, i had the laptop to bootup using a password.
but it seems that window is not accepting the password.

Try booting into safe mode (usually hold F8 during start up), and see if you can get into it from there.

Did you join the papermill.net domain somehow, then you will have to use their user name and password that they gave you.

Edited by Mooseby, 29 November 2010 - 03:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users