Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

White Spots on Browsing Page

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LadyHatter

LadyHatter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:49 PM

I've had my computer for quite a few years now, and only recently (though I can't tell you HOW recently, but its probably been a month or so) has it started acting this way: After being on the internet for some time, it starts to act a little wonky, then the whole internet page will go white and the address bar will have words or letters missing from it. nd if I have different tabs open, those will go blank too.
My computer gets slow, but it doesn't crash or freeze or anything. I can still go from tab to tab, and scroll on the screen (though there's nothing to see), and if I open Task Manager, everything is still running smoothly and I don't have to do the whole manually shutting off a program and the whole "End Task" sorta thing. I can just eaisly close it out. And after I do that, everything is working fine.
I tried doing a virus scan and all that, but nothing ever comes up and my computer seems pretty much fine (it's not slow or doing any of the "normal virus stuff").

Is my computer just getting old, or could there be a virus or malware on it?

Thank you for your time

Oh, and I also forgot to mention: I recently ran CCleaner and a little thing popped up saying something along the lines of C:\$Mtf was corrupt (something along those lines).

Edited by LadyHatter, 27 November 2010 - 10:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:58 AM

quote #1 My computer gets slow, but it doesn't crash or freeze or anything.

quote #2 computer seems pretty much fine (it's not slow or doing any of the "normal virus stuff")

so you say it slow and then you its not slow ??

what browser are you using ,if it IE ,have you tried Firefox to see if it acts the same way . have you tried it hooked to another monitor.

Also try a scan with the free version of Malwarebytes if you haven't all ready .
www.malwarebytes.org

Edited by caperjac, 28 November 2010 - 04:59 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 LadyHatter

LadyHatter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:19 AM

Sorry, let me re-phrase: Before the browser page starts to look add, it gets slow, but then AFTER, everything is fine.
It's only during those moments when my browser page starts to look odd is my computer acting odd.
All the other times, it's fine (ya know how when ya sometimes have a virus, the computer laggs a lot?).
Sorry if that didn't make any sense :(

I only have IE

And I've done many MBAM scans.

#4 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

quote-I can still go from tab to tab, and scroll on the screen (though there's nothing to see)

that doesn't sound to me like everything works after the browser opens .

what are your computers specs

Edited by caperjac, 28 November 2010 - 01:23 PM.

#5 LadyHatter

LadyHatter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:32 PM

That's during the whole "white out" secession.
But after I close out IE, and re-open it, everything is fine again.

This?
eMachines
T3508
Intel®
Celeron® D CPU 3.33 GHz
3.33 GHz, 368 MB of RAM

#6 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:36 PM

That's during the whole "white out" secession.
But after I close out IE, and re-open it, everything is fine again.

This?
eMachines
T3508
Intel®
Celeron® D CPU 3.33 GHz
3.33 GHz, 368 MB of RAM

i know you say it only started a month ago or so ,but that's not a lot of ram for the software/plugins intense IE browser,what windows OS are you using and your IE is it ie7 or ie8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users