Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Cant Uninstall Gta: San Andreas

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lifelonglufc

lifelonglufc

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 30 November 2005 - 09:39 AM

Recently I added some new cars to my gta san andreas game and everything was working great until one day I added the new batmobile(yes, the big black thing!). It worked fine but just made the game look a bit stupid, so when I tried to remove it I couldnt, eventually leading me to try and uninstall the game, just so I could put everything back the way it was before, but then I found the uninstall file was missing even when I go to "Add/Remove Programs" and I click on the game to uninstall it nothing happens at all.

Did anybody else encounter this problem or does anybody have any ideas on a solution to uninstalling the game, Ive tried nearly everything(I think!)

Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 30 November 2005 - 10:03 AM

Have you tried to reinstall the game, then tried to uninstall it, to see if that will replace any files that may have been corrupted?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Ask me anything

Ask me anything

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2005 - 09:46 AM

Have you tried to reinstall the game, then tried to uninstall it, to see if that will replace any files that may have been corrupted?

That or you S>O>L

#4 Auritribe

Auritribe

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 14 December 2005 - 03:36 PM

Deleting the GTA folder in Program files shouldn't do any major damage anyway, despite leaving artifacts in the add/remove programs box.

#5 welco

welco

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:20 AM

It's probably some type of error in the registry. Do not try to go delete the error you might delete something of high importance and render your pc useless. You might as well just delete the folder in the program files directory and deal with it sitting in your Add/Remove programs list.

Edited by welco, 15 December 2005 - 01:21 AM.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice
1GB GeIL Value Memory Looking for something better...
EPoX EP-9NPAJ
Hitachi 7K80
Jaton 6600GT
400W HiPRO

#6 DanC1186

DanC1186

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:01 AM

I had a similar problem. Delete your San Andreas folder from your Program Files and move the San Andreas User files to a safe location (assuming you want them). Clear the program shortcuts in the start menu. Finally to clean out your registry, I recommend Abexo Free Registry Scanner.

http://www.download.com/Abexo-Free-Registr...tml?tag=lst-0-2

Its free and its fast and it really helps with pc speed and game performance, as well.
Finally reinstall San Andreas; I recommend you reinstall it in a different directory though. Good luck.

#7 brooksey!!!

brooksey!!!

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:40 PM

why cant you just repair it?
in the start bar, under all progs-san andreas, it will have the option to unintall/install it, and it usually has a new option that says to repair the program.
i dont know if i helped, but hey... :thumbsup:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users