Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Shutdown Caused Program Issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Memimi

Memimi

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:18 PM

My grandma asked me to install PrintMaster on her computer. I set it up to install and went to cook some food and watch TV. I checked back an hour later and the computer was off. I asked her later and she said that if she leaves her computer alone for long it turns off on it's own. I checked all the power settings and it is set to never turn off so I'm not sure what is causing it. The problem hasn't really bothered her much... but what is bothering her is the fact that she can't use PrintMaster. I tried to use it and I can neither install it or uninstall it. It says the uninstaller is not available and then won't install when I try that either. Suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:26 AM

System manufacturer and model?

No system should shut off on its own...I would check Event Viewer for errors which might provide clues.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic40108.html

Louis

#3 Memimi

Memimi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:11 PM

Acer Aspire 5315-2153

What kind of error should I be looking for?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:49 AM

Errors reported at the time when the system stalls and shuts down...would be my focus.

Louis

#5 Memimi

Memimi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:51 PM

Well, that is the thing, I don't know exactly when it shuts down. She said it just happens if she doesn't use her computer for a while... it is always off when she gets back to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users