Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless connectivity problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LightSwitchr

LightSwitchr

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:09 PM

Hi there.

I recently bought a Toshiba Satellite C650D with Windows 7 HP.

We have a Cisco Linksys WAG54G2 router.

Here's the problem:

I could be happily browsing the internet, and the connection will drop. If I go to my connections list, the SSID has gone. Nothing wrong with the router as the other laptops have stayed connected. To fix it, it used to be simple: start Linksys Easylink and click repair. But now, that doesn't work anymore. I can do that, and it won't find the SSID. So I restart my laptop, and it finds it again, tries to connect... fails and then the network disappears again. Today, it took 7 repair attempts, 9 restarts and a LAN cable to get it to connect again.

I have done a quick Google, and found many people having trouble with Toshiba and Linksys, but have come up with no definitive answer.

But here's the interesting part. If I go into my router logs, it says something about a failed connection from 192.168.1.100 (My laptop).

So, is it my laptop, or the router and how can I stop it from disconnecting. I have ticked "Connect even if SSID is not being broadcast", but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:15 PM

Hi :welcome: to BleepingComputer!

Ok to start off I need to know is your wireless card integrated into the notebook or is it external? Also go to start, right click on computer click manage and see if there are any entries that have a yellow ? mark next to them. :)
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 LightSwitchr

LightSwitchr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:14 PM

Hi there.

The Wireless card is integrated into the laptop.

There are no entries in Device Manager with problems indicated.

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:13 PM

Go back to device manager and right click on your wireless card and click uninstall and the after it is done uninstalling, restart your computer. After the restart windows will automatically reinstall the driver and after it is done just try and connect to your network and see if that helps. :)
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 LightSwitchr

LightSwitchr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:17 PM

I've done that, the device installed successfully.

When attempting to connect with WPS, it failed, but the network key worked.

Had no trouble since. Shall have to wait and see what happens when I restart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users