Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CANNOT RUN ANY PROGRAMS/ windows cannot open file-exe. are now lnk.---icons for every program are not appearing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 semyaze

semyaze

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:40 PM

I messed up my computer last night and Im trying to reset it back 24 hrs, windows xp. But everything I try to do gives me the same prompt. all my icons on computer have the same image, i cant go to system tools or system restore, or even internet explore, the only thing i can to is use a google prog I have to get online, thank god. the message i get when i try to open anything is: WINDOWS CANNOT OPEN THIS FILE
TO OPEN THIS FILE WINDOWS NEEDS TO KNOW WHAT PROGRAM CREATED IT. WIND. CAN GO ONLINE TO LOOK IT UP AUTOMATICALLY OR YOU CAN MANUAL SELECT FROM A LIST OF PROGRAMS ON YOUR COMPUTER

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO?
USE THE WEB SERVICE TO FIND APPROPRIATE PROGRAM
SELECT THE PROGRAM FROM A LIST

System boots OK OK, but can't find programs due to file extensions being reset to .lnk.
please help me please

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 semyaze

semyaze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:41 PM

if anyone can help or if theres anything i can do, screenshot or anything to help you help me, please tell me how and Ill promptly do it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users