Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Absinth..

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 blackproton

blackproton

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:49 AM

alcohol for artists i just brought another bottle of it and i love it
i come up with some wierd stuff on fruity loops after i'm a bit mashed
on it..

but whats your favorite tipple and how mashed do you get?
and whats the strangest ting you have done on it?
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 deerslayer

deerslayer

• Members
  • 322 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 30 November 2005 - 09:57 AM

I stick to Pepsi myself. If i really want to get a buzz a drink 2 or 3 canned mountain dews! LOL Or a energy drink! :thumbsup: I'm the kind of kid who NEVER runs out of energy! lol
Thats about as wild as i get w/ my drinks. lol
When I was born, I was so surprised I didn't talk for a year and a half!!!
Posted Image
signature done by EFIZZER!!!
If you're ever in the nut house, look me up.
~Deerslayer

#3 What The Who

What The Who

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:16 AM

Absinthe is called "alcohol for artists" simply because it contains a mild hallucinogen, namely wormwood.

If you want hallucinogens, you may as well take some d-lysergic acid diethylamide.
"If it doesn't make sense... It's probably true."

- Arlo Guthrie

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:09 AM

Absinthe makes the heart grow stronger.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:20 AM

A recent article comes to mind, What the Who
http://news.independent.co.uk/people/profi...ticle337680.ece

John, a strong heart is something to value highly,
and deerslayer ... I believe you.
I was the same way,
I never say never after a few decades of that energy flow, though. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I clicked my link, found that "yesterday's news" costs 1 pound UK.
hmmm, I thought it was euros, now. Anyway, I saved the article.
Anyone living to be 100 years old has a strong heart, at least.

From the Independent article by David McCandless about Dr Albert Hofmann:

Hofmann saw his discovery slip from psychiatric miracle medicine, to psychedelic sacrament of the Sixties, to outlawed, feared street drug. Today, he is saddened but sanguine. "Wrong and inappropriate use has caused LSD to become my problem child," he says. "The history of LSD to date amply demonstrates the catastrophic consequences that can ensue when its profound effect is misjudged and the substance is mistaken for a pleasure drug."

Hofmann himself continued his career as a chemist, and developed several other medicines. All the time, a steady stream of people continued to visit the "father of LSD" in Basel during the 1970s and 1980s. Many were en route to India and the Far East in search of gurus and a context for the LSD-driven mystical experiences. Many stopped off in Zürich seeking his counsel - often trying to score some of Hofmann's "secret stash".

Hofmann considered it was his responsibility as inventor of the drug to meet as many of these people as possible. "I have tried to help, instructing and advising," he says.

Only now, 40 years later, is there renewed interest in the therapeutic potential of LSD and other psychedelic drugs. The British Journal of Psychiatry last year called for a reappraisal of psychedelics "based upon scientific reasoning and not influenced by social or political pressures ".

An international symposium convenes on Friday in Basel to discuss LSD research. By today's standards, much of the research from the 1950s is flawed. Clinical studies are slated to restart at Harvard this year, organised by the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Study (maps.org), this time looking at LSD as a treatment for cluster headaches.

Hofmann hopes research will continue, but he believes LSD should remain a controlled substance. "As long as people fail to truly understand psychedelics and continue to use them as pleasure drugs, and fail to appreciate the very deep psychic experience they may induce, then their medical use will be held back."

Today, he lives with his wife in a house overlooking the countryside around Basel. He is head of a large family, including eight grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.

He took the drug many times, but now, he says, he has no use for LSD. He believes it is just another means to attain extraordinary states of consciousness. "Breathing techniques, yoga, fasting, dance, art" are, he thinks, equally good.

He takes pleasure in recalling his boyhood experiences in nature that he links with psychedelics. "LSD brings about a reduction of intellectual powers in favour of an emotional experiencing of the world. It can help to refill our consciousness with this feeling of wholeness and being one with nature."

now, to find out more about the topic ... sometimes I can be so Absinthe-minded :flowers:

Edited by phawgg, 19 January 2006 - 11:43 AM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:44 AM

"Absinthe has a wonderful color, green. A glass of absinthe is as poetical as anything in the world. What difference is there between a glass of absinthe and a sunset?"

"After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see things as they are not. Finally, you see things as they really are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world."

- Oscar Wilde

Oops! lol No copy/paste allowed so ... click on this link.

http://www.feeverte.net/faq-absinthe.html#B13

Edited by Scarlett, 19 January 2006 - 12:00 PM.

Posted Image

#7 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:16 AM

I'll stick to jack and coke for now. Absenthe is a little to hard to get in the US. Its not just down at the corner liquor store

Posted Image

#8 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:28 PM

Is this the stuff that was in Eurotrip? When the bro/sis was making out? :thumbsup:

#9 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:01 AM

I usually just stick to 3/4/5 cans of dew a day....... not a big drinker......

But i have developed a taste for Mohawk Triple Sec and most brands of Tequila.......

Only been drunk once (and unfortuantely it was alone, the typical "drowning my sorrows" type of thing), and probably won't drink that much again for a while...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users