Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SVICHOSST/W32/GEN-NF-UPX/Google Redirect

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 McDonalds

McDonalds

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

I recieved a new laptop from black friday and I need to transfer my previous
laptop files. However, my current laptop has several viruses that remains even after using SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes'. It also has a google redirect program.

For the google redirect, I was told to run tddskiller but it could not find any files.

I searched some topics/forums that could help with this problem and found bleeping computer's Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help.

While following the directions for backing up my hard drive, it seems that I also
infected my flash drive which now has SVICHOSST.

I cannot run DDS (it starts for awhile and then disappears) or GMER log (it freezes my screen).

So since I cannot follow the steps provided, is there anything else I can attempt
in cleaning out my hard drive?

Here's the list from Malwarebytes' and SuperAntiSpyware of programs that remain
after the programs reboot my system:

Worm.SVICHOSST
W32
Disabled.Registry
Disabled.TaskManager
Malware.Trace
Trojan.Agent/Gen-NF-UPX

Thank you to anyone who can provide any help.

Edited by McDonalds, 27 November 2010 - 01:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users