Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'From Field change' Exchange 2003

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SysTech Guy

SysTech Guy

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:10 PM

I have a doctor who would like to have ", MD" added to the end of his name in the "From" field when he sends out email so his patients will see "John Smith, MD" instead of just "John Smith."

He has an account on a Win 2003 server running Windows Exchange.

Within his AD profile, I have changed both his Display name and Last Name fields, but this does not seem to update the "From" field when he sends out emails, just the "To" field when an email is sent.

I also played with Custom Attributes within his AD profile, to no avail.

I can do this when a person gets married and their last name changes, but this involves creating a new SMTP account and making that account the primary. But in the scenerio where there is a name change, the email account name is changed. For this doctor, the email doesn't change, he just wants his "From" field to change.

Is what I am asking possible to do without recreating his account?

Edited by SysTech Guy, 27 November 2010 - 12:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:40 PM

I think the field you want is the Description field located here:

Posted Image

#3 jbitgood

jbitgood

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:15 AM

In System Manager, take a look at that user's mailbox name. If it doesn't match the display name, try restarting the Information Store service to force the changes through. Sometimes that's necessary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users